Kale & Avocado Salad
Serves 6 - 8
- 2 large bunches dinosaur kale, also called lacinato kale
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together honey, vinegar, and lemon juice. Slowly whisk in olive oil until well emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
Remove kale leaves from the stem. Discard the stems. Wash, and cut the leaves into long thin pieces.
Place kale, in a large salad bowl and coat with dressing (you may need more or less dressing depending on preference and amount of kale used). Mix dressing into the kale using salad spoons until the kale is fully covered. Add avocados and continue mixing until the avocado pieces are mostly broken down and the kale is fully covered. Add tomatoes and refrigerate for 15 - 20 minutes while the kale softens and absorbs the dressing. Add salt and pepper as needed and toss with sesame seeds before serving.