Vegetable Fried Rice
- 2 cups cooked long or short grain brown rice (can be made up to 2 days ahead of time)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (you can also use grape seed or olive oil)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup chopped carrots (or 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots, thawed)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (optional)
- Tamari Soy Sauce (optional)
Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Pour oil in the bottom. Add onion and cook for five minutes. Add peas and carrots and saute until soft.
Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs into the vegetable mix.
Add the rice to the veggie and egg mixture. Stir the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined. Add chopped green onions and soy sauce if desired.
- Add other vegetables (shown here with mushrooms)
- Add other proteins (try chicken, shrimp, or pork)