Serves 2 - 3
Turkey Burger Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 leftover turkey burger, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- pasta of your choice
- 8 oz pasta (I use a gluten-free brown rice pasta but any kind will work - this is my favorite kind)
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for 2 - 3 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes or until the tomatoes start to soften. Add turkey burger and spinach and cook for another 10 minutes (add a little bit of water if you like a soupier sauce).
Add the pasta to the pan with the sauce and heat for 5 minutes before serving.
- Use a leftover cooked beef burger or grilled chicken instead
- Use chickpeas instead of meat
- Add fresh basil or parmesan cheese at the end