- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 large)
- 2 cups rolled oats (use certified gluten-free if required)
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 8 teaspoons no-sugar-added jam
- Peanut butter (or almond or sunflower seed butter), for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add the oats and pulse until a coarse meal forms.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana. Stir in the rest of the ingredients, except the jam and nut butter. The mixture will be very wet and dense.
- With a retractable ice cream scoop or a spoon, scoop the dough into 8 mounds. The cookies do not need to be spaced far apart on the baking sheet as they don't spread out. Press your thumb (or small spoon) into the centre of each cookie to create a well. Fill each well with 1 heaping teaspoon of jam.
- Bake cookies at 350F for 11-13 minutes, until the cookies are slightly firm, but soft and doughy in the middle. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack for 10 minutes or so.
- If desired, serve cookies with your favorite nut or seed butter.
Recipe courtesy of Oh She Glows