Potluck Pasta with Roasted Veggies
- 1 small zucchini, cut into half circles
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, 1-inch diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, 1-inch diced
- 1 large shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb bag bowtie pasta
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup feta, 1/2-inch diced (more or less to taste)
- 15 fresh basil leaves, cut into long thin strips
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Toss the zucchini, broccoli, bell peppers, and shallot with 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a large sheet pan covered with aluminum foil (optional but makes clean-up easier). Roast for 40 minutes, until browned, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water, until tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add the roasted vegetables to the pasta.
For the dressing, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper and pour on the pasta and vegetables. Let cool to room temperature, then add the pine nuts, feta, and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve at room temperature.
Inspired by Ina Garten and the Food Network