- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1 - 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped spinach, kale, or swiss chard
Heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and celery cook for 5 - 7 minutes or until starting to soften. Add garlic and cook another 1 minute. Add beans, tomatoes, maple syrup, and chili powder and cook for 30 minutes. Add apple cider vinegar, salt, and greens and cook for another 5 minutes until greens have wilted.
Serve as a side or over brown rice with sliced avocado for a delicious meal.