Healthy Weeknight Nachos
"No thanks, I don't like nachos." Said no one, ever. An unexpectedly colorful meal and the perfect way to use small amounts of seemingly random ingredients.
- 10 corn tortillas, sliced into triangles
- Avocado oil - about 2.5 TBSPs (olive oil or grape seed oil also work)
- 2 cups mixed vegetables, chopped (shown here with broccoli, red bell pepper)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-2 cups mixed cooked proteins (shown here with black beans and chicken)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese (mozzarella and Monterrey jack, or a combo of the two work well)
- Salt and pepper
- Juice from 1 lime
Preheat oven to 400.
Place sliced tortillas on a baking sheet and brush with about 1/2 TBSP avocado oil, add salt to taste. Bake for 15 minutes or until crunchy. Leave on the baking sheet but set aside and lower the oven to 350.
Heat 2 TBSPs avocado oil over medium heat. Add the vegetables and garlic and sauté until almost tender. Add the proteins and cook until warm. Sprinkle everything with cumin, salt and pepper to taste, mix.
Spread the vegetable/protein mixture on top of the chips and top with cheese. Return to the oven and heat until the cheese melts, about five minutes. Drizzle with lime juice and enjoy!