Yield: 14 - 16 large bars
- 1.5 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots (or raisins)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Coconut oil (for greasing the pan)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a large rectangular baking dish (approx. 8.5" x 12.5") with coconut oil and line with a piece of parchment paper so the bars are easier to lift out.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana until smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
- Place the rolled oats into a food processor and pulse until the oats are coarsely chopped. Stir oats into the banana mixture.
- Chop the walnuts and apricots and stir these and the rest of the ingredients into the banana-oat mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Press down until compacted and smooth out with hands until even.
- Bake for 23-27 minutes until firm and lightly golden along the edge. Place dish on a cooling rack for 10 minutes then carefully slide a knife to loosen the ends and lift out. Place granola slab on a cooling rack for 10 minutes and then into the freezer for another 10 mins.
- Slice into bars once they are cool and wrap individually in wax paper to take on-the-go or freeze for later.
Recipe Courtesy of Oh She Glows - http://ohsheglows.com/2014/05/20/feel-good-hearty-granola-bars/#ixzz3K1KGXI3O