Greens and Beans
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 yukon gold potatoes sliced into thin half circles
- 1 head swiss chard, chopped
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans (or 2 cans unsalted kidney beans)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and a pinch of salt. Cook for five minutes. Add garlic, stir and cook for one minute.
Add potatoes and another pinch of salt. Cook for ten minutes. Add chard and beans. Stir, cover, and cook for 3 - 4 minutes until the chard wilts slightly.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use any kind of bean, potato or greens
- Add pork, beef, chicken, or fish