Basil and Tomato Frittata
Serves 3 - 4
- 6 whole large eggs
- 1 zucchini , cut in half lengthwise, then into 1/4-inch semi circles
- 1/3 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (or other cheese)
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, whip eggs until frothy. Add zucchini, cherry tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt and pepper.
Coat an 8-inch non-stick skillet with coconut oil or grapeseed oil. Place over medium heat until hot. Add egg mixture; allow to set for 1 minute, then loosen edges with a heat-proof rubber spatula. Cook for 2 minutes total then place in the oven for an additional 5 to 7 minutes until golden brown and firm. Transfer from pan to plate and sprinkle with Parmesan; slice into thin wedges and eat warm or at room temperature.
Serve with a side salad, sliced avocados, or a baked potato.
Use broccoli instead of zucchini
Add sliced mushrooms or diced ham